Jul 12, 2006

Brighton Nights

A couple nights after the Pub Crawl, we all decided to go back into town. I'd give you reasons, but I think it was mostly because Sarika was bored and she wanted to go do something. So at like 10pm we left campus for town, and barely caught the last bus out.

We then wandered town aimlessly for a while, because no one was really sure what they wanted to do, or where they wanted to go. We ended up back down by the Pier, even though thats where we always seem to end up. Comfort zone perhaps?

All I know, is I wish I'd brought my tripod... I'm getting too good at this improvisational bit.

Walking along the beach we passed one of those guys who twirls batons flamming from each end. I know there's a technical term for it, something fancy like haberdachery, but obviously not haberdachery. Either way, he stopped just as we showed up, so I only got one shot... and it's not that impressive. Funny thing is, I'm going to share it anyway.

After a while we decided to split up, because some of us wanted to eat and some of us wanted to dance. Christina and I were starving, so the two of us headed for some cheap food and Trevor came along.

We went straight for the Pier, and grabbed something to eat. Christina's fish and chips was absolutely huge, and it was so funny to watch her try to eat it with a wooden chip fork. I should take pictures of these things... they're hilarious.

We sat on the beach for a while until it was time to meet back up with the rest of our party. We headed back upstairs and waited along the main road. And what do I do when I'm waiting for something? At this point, that question should be completely rhetorical...

Before heading down to the beach, with the coast to you back, looking to your right...

And to your left...

Or to your left with Trevor and Christina in the shot that they don't even know was taken. Good stuff.

We finally met back up with the other four, and then stood in line for a cab. When it was our turn, we totally got swooped on, and they were pretty rude about it. I sometimes find common courtesy to be lacking here. I guess it's just one of those things that is different.

I suppose it was a rather uneventful night otherwise. A guy that talked to us on the Pier thought we were faking American accents. That was pretty funny. And I guess the low light would be that Kat managed to lose her keys that night, but has no idea how or where and had to pay for a replacement.

All I have to say, is ouch.

No comments: